Niagara-on-the-Lake Chamber of Commerce 2022 Weekly Newsletters
Webinars and Learning Resources
Weren't able to make the call? Want to watch again? Check out our past and upcoming webinars and learning resources here!
Mary Poffenroth - Fearology: Everyday Fears in the Workplace
May 12th from 1pm-2pm
Fear Expert, Mary Poffenroth, addresses the everyday fears and stresses we have, and how we can reframe them from threats to opportunities.
What is the difference between stress and fear? Often we speak about the stresses in our lives, but keep our fears private; however, did you know that stress can stem from fear.
Is the stress of sending an e-mail coming from the fear of not being good enough? Is the fear of failure preventing you from applying to jobs?
Please join us with Mary Poffenroth, a Biopsychologist and Fear / Innovation expert, who will help us connect the dots between our stresses and fears, and provide insight as to how to reframe our fears into opportunities rather than threats.
Diversity in Business ROI Conference
The value of hiring inclusively, the tools & resources to support building disability-confident organizations & the importance of inclusion.
A Business ROI Conference on the value of hiring inclusively, the tools and resources to support building disability-confident organizations, and the importance of inclusive hiring to workforce development and future economic prosperity.
Save the Date for this 2-Day Event:
Day 1: Wednesday May 25 from 9:00 a.m to 12:00 p.m ET
Day 2: Thursday, May 26 from 9:00 a.m to 12:00 p.m ET
- Rocco Rossi, President & CEO, Ontario Chamber of Commerce
- Pam Damoff, Member of Parliament for Oakville North—Burlington
- David C. Onley, Former Lieutenant Governor of Ontario; Associate Professor, University of Toronto Scarborough
- Justine Fedak, Corporate Hippie; Chief of Marketing & Culture Officer, BIÂN
- Mark Patterson, Executive Director of Magnet Today
- Ryan Porter, Founder, Ruutly.com
- Maayan Ziv, Founder & CEO, AccessNow
- Kathy Catrib, Reyes, Advisor Diversity & Inclusion, CBC
- Fatima Finnegan, Director of Corporate Marketing & Business Development, Ontario Restaurant Hotel & Motel Association (ORHMA)
- Jess Mitchell, Senior Management of Research & Design, Inclusive Design Research Centre OCAD University
- Tara Connolly, Assistant Director, Research and Development, the READ Initiative at Carleton University